So I made a HUGE cattercushion.
Do you see what I did there? 😉
You can, of course make a gazillion of these (s)cattercushions so they can live up to their name, in a narrower gauge yarn, or chunkier, in all sizes and colours…
For this one, I used Schachenmayr Boston and Rico Creative Melange Chunky, 7mm circular needles and some enormous mother-of-pearl buttons. You’ll also need a cushion pad and some toy stuffing.
If you fancy having a go at it, there is a free blow by blow tutorial over on the loveknitting blog. Just click here to be taken to it.
Here’s a picture of him with my Wilfy, for scale:
Enjoy the snuggles ❤
I really did.
And it really did start off as a hat for ‘Imself:
And, I am very happy to report, he tells me it is “the hat he always wanted”. So, TICK that one off the list!
But it has, of course, evolved into something a little more delicate, something a bit more feminine, something a bit less…. big and we now have The Owl and the Pussycat mark II
Or, if you’d like to see it on:
And yes, it is actually now, as we speak, beginning its fourth incarnation with the pattern in relief:
(I’ll post a pic of the completed relief hat when it’s finished 🙂 )
I used 4mm needles for the rib, 5mm for the body of the hat and two varieties of aran-weight wool: solid colour and graduating.
If you fancy a go yourself, you can find the pattern here. After all, it’s still chilly enough to warrant something woolly on your bonce, n’est-ce pas?
Inside his tum, he has a handmade wheat sack.
To spray on his tum, there is a handmixed Magical Pillow Spray
The pattern is available here, if you fancy having a crack at making him.
For now, though…. just breathe… ❤
It isn’t over…
And you can find them here.
Off to make more… 😊
Last week I had a few hours to kill while some very obliging gentlemen fitted a towbar to my rather tricky car. Two of my boys and I spent those hours pootling around a nearby outlet centre and I picked up a book for a couple of pounds because there was a very straightforward tank top pattern which required not too much brain power from me.
It was this book here.
And it happened to contain a rather adorable pattern for a sort of small stuffed toy in the shape of a cat. Rather too small for my liking. And rather too two-dimensional. So I selected some leftover chunky yarn, 10mm needles and got going.
When it came to assembling it, I knitted an extra panel and put it in the base to help it stand upright, and ignored their minimalist embroidered face, opting instead for button eyes, sewn nose and whiskers.
You can see from the pictures how very simple it really is:
Here he is made up:
And here he is standing on his base:
Of course, once they’d seen him, everyone wanted one. So… here he is with his next buddy:
Just another three to go! 🙂
Note: It took between 100 and 150g of chunky wool on 10mm knitting needles to make one. A great stashbuster 🙂