So, it started with these. Well, with this one to be precise. And I loved it.
But… do you see that seam curving up the side? Well, I loved that too. Until I realised that it would be exactly the same on its partner. Hmmmm. Which would make it look like two left (or right) feet.
So I tweaked it. But that didn’t quite work. Don’t get me wrong. I believe they’re beautiful. But I see their flaws all too immediately.
I decided to attempt a little embroidery on them, in an effort to draw the eye from the seam. But now I just see beautiful, embroidered, flawed slippers.
So *shucks* I guess these ones are mine:
But armed with this experiment, I tweaked some more. And… Ta-dah!
Of course, now the whole family needs some. So here are Teddy’s in a bit of a clog style:
I’m now experimenting with soles, so nobody breaks their neck on our wooden staircase.
Will report back soon.
Leave a Reply